Re: Time to rewrite dpkg

On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 05:23:47PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> Please don't go into the C++ vs C flamewar here, ...
>
> it is as possible to do bad and unmaintainable code in C++ as it is
> possible to do good and maintainable code in C or another not OO
> language.
>
> what you need is good design, not some magic language to write nice
> code.

<AOL>I agree!  C, C++, who cares as long as it's build right for what we
need today and hopefully can be extended to what we need tomorrow as
well..</AOL>

I sat laughing snidely into my notebook until they showed me a PC running
Linux....  And did this PC choke?  Did it stutter?  Did it, even once,
say that this program has performed an illegal operation and must be shut
down?  No. And this is just on the client.
        -- LAN Times