Re: Time to rewrite dpkg

> Hello, esteemed members of the Debian enthusiast community!
>
> 	So, whether or not I recieve the approval of this community, I'm
> going to be working on a complete rewrite of dpkg. No, it won't even
> *resemble* the old dpkg; I guarantee it to become contraversial. I'll let
> the masses decide whether it warrants trashing the old for the new.

Go for it.  Have fun.  Document and read.  There has been quite some discussion
on this subject.

My only comment is that apt will likely be on a boot disk near you real soon
so libc++ is there too.

Make not of dpkg's short comings.  Aim for compatibility.  Remember the creed
of "debian always has clean upgrades".

And place a cvs somewhere so interested parties can join in the fray.