Re: evan leibovitch and the LPI certification tests

On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 06:44:53AM -0700, John van V. wrote:
> I personally had a really bad experience w/ Caldera after 3 years of preparing
> to become a channel partner.
[.. bad experience snipped ..]

What do you expect from a company that was kind enough to release a
binary only linux with a modified sysvinit that refused to boot after 30
days, instead telling you to call and place your order for their
professional product?

Granted it had a very simple workaround, simply replace the altered
sysvinit from the CD with the normal one after installation.  Still, that
they would do something like this is a slap in the face to everything we
believe in.

I think prj has one such cd from Caldera and I can confirm that I've seen
one too.  The person who had it wouldn't give it up unfortunately.
They're saving it for the same reasons I want it--to show people just
what kind of company Caldera really is.

<_Anarchy_> Argh.. who's handing out the paper bags  8)