Re: better /etc/init.d/network

On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 05:22:37PM -0400, shaleh@clifford.livenet.net wrote:
> I looked at the code (have not run it yet).
>
> Nice.  Well documented, clean.  The design seems sound.  An up/down
> section is also handy.
[..]

IMNSHO, any replacement for /etc/init.d/network must be able to allow
config files which "do stuff" on start or stop of the service...  Meaning
I should be able to give it something that will be run before or after
the initial ifconfig-and-route-type stuff has been done.  At least after
for sure.  It's gotta be able to handle things like DHCP configuration
too.

<Manoj> I *like* the chicken