Re: VX Chipsets and 2.2.5

On Sun, 16 May 1999, Robert Woodcock wrote:

> Michael Beattie wrote:
> >I have been told by an aquaintance that linux 2.1.x or greater kernels are
> >unlikely to boot on a Motherboard that uses a VX Chipset. I have a
> >VXPro...
> Well at least your friends know where to get good crack.

Aye.

> 2.2.5 runs fine on VX boards, and oh, BTW, the VXPro is absolutely not a VX.
> It's a clone with a similar feature set.

Former VXpro owner here. It's a similar feature set, yes. But not
implemented anything like VX. Be prepared for a nightmare of IDE resets
(which are a *REAL* bad thing) and kernel Oopses every few days. I'd
suggest replacing the board. Super7's are really cheap now; FIC VA-503+ is
down to about $60.

-prj