qt2beta available

[ Please CC to me personally since I was unsubscribed here due to too
much `uploaded' traffic. And I don't know if my re-subscription went
through. ]

I've made available a qt2beta package on

    http://master.debian.org:~heiko/qt2/

NOTES:

    o This stuff is BETA (the QT as well as the packaging)

    o The package doesn't conflict with any regular QT package
      (at least this is my intention -- again: BETA!).

    o You must not send any bug report regarding the packaging to any of
      the QT mailing lists or maintainers!

    o You have to point you compiler/linker to the directories
      /usr/lib/qt2beta/{lib,include,bin} -- probably best by
      using something like QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt2beta ...

      e.g.:

        QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt2beta make

      For a Makefile example see
        /usr/doc/qt2beta/examples/aclock/Makefile

      ADDITIONAL NOTE:  If you take the examples Makefile your binary
      will be built with the `rpath' linker option.  This makes the
      binary aware of the library location in /usr/lib/qt2beta/lib and
      may produce bizarre effects if different versions of the QT2 library
      exist in /usr/lib _and_ /usr/lib/qt2beta/lib!

    o The package is built on a slink system, this might produce
      some library problems on potato (why?  Aren't we compatible??)
      -- Anyway, you might be forced to re-build the package on a
      potato system.

      [ Can anybody give me ssh access to a potato system to do this job
      myself? ]

    Best Regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Gruesse aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann