Re: Abacus Portsentry License

Rene Mayrhofer <rmayr@vianova.at> writes:

   As I am new to creating Debian packages, I am not sure if Abacus Portsentry's
   license allows it to be put in the main (or if it has to go into non-free)
   section. The program is free to use by anybody and can be distributed in
   any form, the only problem is that the author prohibits modifications he
   is not aware of.

That sounds non-free to me.

   Please could somebody check it (at www.psionic.com) ?
   I have a written statement by the Author that he allows packages (including
   the needed minor modifications on scripts and Makefiles) to be made and that
   Portsentry can be included in a distribution if the distribution is not sold
   because of Portsentry.

Please post the full license and the author's statement to
debian-legal@lists.debian.org.  By doing that you'll get everyone
who's interested in licensing issues to read through it and comment.