Re: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

Hi Richard,

I'm cross-posting to debian-gtk-gnome since we are trying to organize
an effort to update GNOME for slink.

 > > It'd also be nice to get GNOME for slink out too.  All that really
 > > needs to be done is to build all of the packages we built for potato
 > > for slink.  The current GNOME slink packages are not all up-to-date
 > > with the potato packages.  Many of us don't have slink installed or
 > > don't have a chrooted slink setup so any help with getting GNOME slink
 > > up-to-date would be greatly appreciated.
 >
 > Do you mean make GNOME 1.0 available for slink, separately?  It's far
 > too large a change to be part of a stable revision.

Hmm.  I didn't think of it that way.  I've just been "going with the
flow" in terms of what I thought most people felt.  However, what you
say makes sense.  What do you suggest we do?  How should we go about
making GNOME available for slink?  Do we _not_ want to do that?

-Ossama
--
Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
Center for Distributed Object Computing, Washington University, St. Louis