Re: Homapages in list of maintainers

From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>
Subject: Re: Homapages in list of maintainers
Date: 10 May 1999 15:02:11 -0400

> Yes, well, it takes from 4 weeks to 6 months or longer for *all*
> people.  I agree this should be shorter...  Anyhow Debian-JP is *not*
> getting singled out.  Everyone has this issue.

Yes, of course this is general issue, not specific to Debian JP.
But this is still a BIG problem to be pointed out.

> There is no requirement that I know of that any identification must be
> written in English.

It is practically very important to know what is acceptable and
what is not as identification. Does this mean Japanese driver's
license (written completely in Japanese) is acceptable in real ?

# If so, I will stop the plan to obtain my passport for the certification.

> IF there's not way the guy can get a phone call, I'm afraid there's no
> way they can be confirmed and become a developer.

Well, of course he has a way to get a phone call, but

> I mean, common sense, people.

by your common sense which has practical meaning in the process
of verification for Japanese candidates

- communication on a phone between foreigners short on substance, or
- communication on a phone between Japanese with much more substance

under the condition that there are highly trustable people in Japan :-)

By the way, there are about 50 (local) maintainers in Debian JP and
among them, there are already eight official maintainers.

Thanks in advance,		1999.5.11

--
 Atsuhito Kohda