cdgrab on hold? read this (Re: Intent To Package: cd-discid)

On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 09:06:27PM -0700, Robert Woodcock wrote:
> Hmmm, now that I've uploaded cd-discid I guess I better write an intent to
> package for it :)
>
> cd-discid has long been bundled in cdgrab, but since cdgrab changes so much
> more quickly, and is a simple shell script, the other architectures don't
> get updated versions of it as quickly as desired. cd-discid is a package
> that won't change as often.
>
> So, now cd-discid is in its own package, putting cdgrab in binary-all where
> it belongs. It has also been rewritten to not use libcdaudio, at the expense
> of 44 more lines of code, bloating this copy to an alarming 95 lines.

One thing I forgot was dinstall isn't instant for new packages, and
cd-discid is still in Incoming. For those of you wanting to try out cdgrab,
or for those of you pondering a message like this:

The following packages have been kept back
  cdgrab

This is whatcha do:

wget http://frantica.lly.org/~rcw/cd-discid/cd-discid_0.2-1_i386.deb
wget http://frantica.lly.org/~rcw/cdgrab/cdgrab_0.7-1_all.deb

dpkg -i cdgrab_0.7-1_all.deb cd-discid_0.2-1_i386.deb
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Now we'll have to kill you." -- Linus Torvalds