Re: intent to take over file and lftp

On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 10:53:37AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > Nick, if you are out there, now is your chance to respond.
> >
> > file and lftp seem to be languishing w/o maintenance.  I am working on up to
> > date versions of each.  Will post the file package for testing before
> > uploading.  Hopefully around Sunday.
> >
> > Nick, if you speak up and take an active role again, I will step down.
>
> I'm interested in taking wget, if the maintainer is really MIA.

I don't think he's quite MIA so we probably shouldn't be dividing his
packages up or anything like that till we hear from him.  (Hey, I want
bug!  hehe)

Gold, n.:
  A soft malleable metal relatively scarce in distribution.  It is mined
  deep in the earth by poor men who then give it to rich men who immediately
  bury it back in the earth in great prisons, although gold hasn't done
  anything to them.
        -- Mike Harding, "The Armchair Anarchist's Almanac"