Re: Freely available optimization code

On 5 May 1999, A.J. Rossini wrote:

> CFSQP is good and free, but redistribution is highly restricted (which
> killed off 2 software routines I'd developed, sigh... anyone know of a
> decent free (in the Debian sense) nonlinear programming library?

You may also want to look through the recent octave-help mailing list
archives as there is some momentum by Octave users that are trying to
develop the same thing. I know that some good code has been passed around
that is (I think) available in C or fortran and, as it is for Octave, the
license should be acceptable. Look at

http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/archive.html

Cheers.

--