Re: Intent to package GNU Smalltalk

On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 07:46:58PM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:

> May I suggest naming the package "gnu-smalltalk" instead of gst?  The
> binary can still be named gst.  But if someone is in dselect, and
> doing a search for "smalltalk", your package will more immediately pop
> up to peoples attention.

Well, it says GNU Smalltalk on the description line, so you'd be fine
in dselect, but you might want to use dpkg or some other tool that
more easily works with package names.  Besides, it's probably best to
conserve 3-letter acronyms - especially ones starting with 'g'.  I'll
change it to "gnu-smalltalk".

--
Alex