Re: Tactics for eliminating spam

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 11:54:21AM -0700, Guy Maor wrote:
> A really good method of eliminating most spam is to file email without
> a To header in a spam folder.  About 90% of the spam I would otherwise
> get makes its way to the spam folder this way.  For example, I just
> checked my spam folder (I check it every few days to make sure nothing
> got filed erroneously) and there were 5 copies of this one.

Agreed Guy, this nets about 85% of spam in my experience and gets less
than 5% of "real mail"..  That it gets ANY "real mail" is the reason not
to just /dev/null it.  I process my spam folder once a week.

"All we have to fear is fear itself!"
"And almost but not quite free software..."
"That too."
"And binary only kernel drivers."
"Okay, yeah, that too."
"And..."