Re: Data sets/cd's

>   On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 07:15:38PM +0200, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
>   > The idea was to create another distribution like data (and maybe
>   > data-non-free) so that people not interested in it can easily skip it.
>   > (Some CD resellers or weak mirrors e.g.) Any suggetions?
>   I would put it not only under a different distribution, but also under a
>   different part of the archive:
>   debian/dists/potato/main
>   debian/dists/potato/contrib
>   debian/dists/potato/non-free
>   debian-data/dists/potato/main
>   debian-data/dists/potato/contrib
>   debian-data/dists/potato/non-free
>   the main section would contain the free data. non-free would be non free
>   data and contrib would contain free data for which there aren't free tools
>   available. I don't know if this last bit is a good idea -- the data _is_
>   free and one would be able to reverse engineer the format.

Certainly, I don't think you need the data/.../contrib section. The others seem
Would there be a way of leaving the data on the cd's? i.e. you could either
install it, or instead of using all that disk space, you could just access it
from the cd.

The surest proof that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the
universe, is that it hasn't contacted us yet.