Re: Source build of gnome-apt - source dependencies?

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> checking for gnome-config... no
> checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/X11R6/lib... not found
> configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated by
> gnome-libs install
> make: *** [build-stamp] Error 1
>
> There doesn't seem to be a gnome-libs package; what packages do I need to
> install?

I'm assuming you know about the Gnome staging area? The easiest way to get
a complete list: point sources.list at the staging area, apt-get -s
install gnome-apt (or any Gnome app really), copy the libs it says it will
get and add a -dev to each one.

An attempt at the list (names from memory, may not be exact):
libgtk1.2-dev
libglib1.2-dev
libgnome0-dev
libzvt0-dev
libapt-pkg??-dev (in potato I think, only needed if you didn't build apt
                  from source)

The Gtk/Gnome guys are moving this into potato RSN...

You will also need fairly new autoconf, automake, libtool from potato.

If you can't get it to build please send me mail, I'm happy to help.

Havoc