Re: PGP Key Signing HOWTO: preparation for Linux Expo

On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 10:23:11PM -0700, Steve Bowman wrote:
> > I'm not sure you're understanding what I'm describing ...  In this case
> > it is my @debian email address which I added to my key because my
> > @earthlink address is long ago defunct.  If you've already signed the old
> > email addres, signing the new one doesn't change much.  This is probably
> > an argument against including email addresses in PGP keys, but what can I
> > say?
>
> How about just using pgp -ke to add a userid to your already signed key
> and pgp -kr to remove the old one?

Removes the old email address AND the signatures on that address.  Before
you can do that you need to have anyone who signed the old address sign
the new one.

Signatures on PGP keys are not kept on the keyid, they're kept on the
userid.  That's great, until your email address changes.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Internet users who spend even a few hours a week online
at home experience higher levels of depression and loneliness than if
they had used the computer network less frequently, The New York Times
reported Sunday.  The result ...  surprised both researchers and
sponsors, which included Intel Corp., Hewlett Packard, AT&T Research and
Apple Computer.