Re: [mingp@corel.ca: Anyone in Debian working on or following IPP to make it available on Linux???]

>Which BTW, is why I own an "old" HP LaserJet 5L, >which at least uses
>"de-facto" protocol, which for some years was quite >stable, and which
>is thus very well supported and stable.
>  Even the LJ5L I
>have is IMHO a lot to flimsy, and the trend goes on, >so in the future
>you'll probably either have to get a full >industrial-strength
>machine for >>$1000, or buy a new printer every >year...

I have an even older hpljIII.  It is maybe not quite as fast as the LJ5
and maybe 1/2 the dpi but is built like a brick shit house and uses one
of the lowest cost toner cartridges out there.  My only regret is not
buying the 'D' version so I could do double sided printing.  But for
under $300 in used-reconditioned it was a good buy.  BTW if anyone has
an extra legal size paper tray for an HPII/III series printer they want
to get rid of let me know and we'll deal .....
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....

Do You Yahoo!?