Re: Intent to adopt: info

On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 04:29:15PM +0200, Christoph Martin wrote:
>  > > IIRC there was some discussion to split out makeinfo et. al. out from
>  > > tetex-bin, so that people who dislike \TeX, but like info could
>  > > still format their documents.
>  > > I think this is a good idea (not that I dislike \TeX{}\ldots)
>  >
>  > I didn't plan to touch the structure, I thought that there must be
>  > a reason for the split... what does the tetex maintainer say?
>
> I can make a separate package, if I have a list of the files which
> sould go in a texinfo package and if people really think that this is
> necessary.

I wouldn't object to the split, modularization is useful.

The more important thing - which sources should we use, I mean, should
the versions match (be built from) texinfo or tetex source packages?
FWIW I'm following the unstable snapshots of GNU texinfo. Where do you
get the sources for the info tools?