starting problem

I'm a contended Debian user but now ,unexpected, I've a problem.with for

me unknown reason.
When booting all kind of things are started.
at; 'starting printer spooler: lpd' nothing happens anymore, even after
15 minutes. I can only switch of the computer.
with a rescue-disk i could come in the system and i could somewhere find

the next message; (I don't know anymore how and where)
'attempt to acces beyond end of devic16:03 rw=0, want=33, limit=1
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev 16:03 iso_blknum 16 block 32.
Kernel panic.VFS:unable to mount root fs on 16:03' ( So what  ;-).I
think I gonna sleep)

The next day, this evening, via LILO " linux init=/bin/sh" i came again
in the system.And after mounting " mount -w -n -o remount /; mount -a"
I deleted out of rcd2  @S20lprng ( a little time without printer) and I
rebooted after unmounting.

And gone was the hang at starting lpd, but now the bootingproces stopped

at this
' starting deferred execution scheduler; atd' moment.
I really don't know what to do and I don't know why this problem and I
don't want to re-install slink

maybe is there a little help from a friend

thanks
Jelmar