Re: RFC: Debugging libraries

On Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 09:39:13AM +0900, Ionutz Borcoman wrote:

> I'd love this, too. The simplest thing is to make static libs with
> debugging info, as many libs already have, but I have to admit: you gat
> very fat programs and sometimes it takes a long time to make your
> program only because you have to copy and link with a big static lib.

Exactly my point - I do not think we should require our users to recompile.
And - BTW: He might have only a core file so the debug libraries must be
compiled along the "normal" libraries to use the info in the core file.

> What about the sources of the libs ? Where should these be located so
> that gdb finds them ?

See my other mail ;)

> Also, there should be a way to make the wrapper work with the gdb's
> graphical interfaces like ddd (or make some wrappers for these
> programs).

That would be REALLY great!

BTW: I crossposted to -devel purposedly because this is interesting for Debian
as a whole not only -gtk-gnome...

cu
    Torsten