Re: Intent to package mod_ssl

In article <cistron.19990426213448.A11014@hq.yok.utu.fi>,
Tommi Virtanen  <tv@debian.org> wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 07:31:22PM +0200, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>> Well it's not really an intent to package, I have already packaged it
>> and I'm ready to upload libapache-mod-ssl_2.2.8-1.3.6-1
>
>	Then we did overlapping work. Bad things happen.

Oh bummer. Another day wasted :/

>	Please get my package from
>deb http://pandora.debian.org/%7Etv/ deb/
>	and compare

Yes, your package is a bit more polished as there is a 400mod_ssl.info
file included (mine didn't do that). Also the "long description" is
better then mine.

Ah, I see you made a separate doc package. Not a bad idea.

The things my package has as an extra:

- Included sample configuration
- Included a mod-ssl-makecert script to create and handle certificates
- README.Debian describing in detail how to configure the module

>	My package is finished, the possible things missing
>	are autogeneration of keys and Apache configs, etc..

Aha, that is precisely what my package does have.

>       it's fine with me if you merge them
>	and function as the maintainer of the package.

Same goes for me, actually :) ...

I've merged the 2 packages, the result is at
ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/debian/New/

Want to take a look at it?

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?