Re: How to submit package to Debian?

>     Please point me to a instruction page or contact person from whom
>     to ask how package gets included in debian. I'd be interested in
>     contributing some code for Emacs, procmail, Perl.

if you are planning on packaging new things, you need to become a developer.
See www.debian.org/devel/

If you would like to contribute patches/new features to existing packages,
it may be sufficient to contact the maintainer of individual packages (whose
names are listed in the output of "dpkg -s <package>" and/or file wishlist
bugs.

HTH,
randolph
--