Re: logos : an uncalled-for suggestion

thierry laronde <thierry.laronde@polynum.com> writes:

> Could not Cervantes main characters, i.e. Don Quichotte and Sancho
> Panca, be meaningful and humourous basis for your two logos ? ( not as
> portraits, but like stylized silhouettes). The one based on Don
> Quichotte and his quest for a kind of absolute would be obviously the
> logo for the pur GNU/Debian work. And the other one, based on Pancho
> kind of more prosaic approach, would be the one for the extras ( had not
> Don Quichotte told Sancho that he could take the spoils of the battle
> won by his master ?).
> The two figures would be distinguished but remain two faces of a same
> project.
> In DQM ( Don Quichotte de la Manche), the D is that of Debian.
> Don't Debian tilt at wind-owners ?

Although I'm (currently[1]) just a lowly user as well, I really like
that idea, combining self-ironic and yet serious undertones.  Now
you'd only have to get some capable designer/artist to get it into
bits...  I think it would make a great logo, combining the serious
dedication and drive behind the project with a
we-are-not-so-driven-as-not-to-laugh-at-ourselves attitute, which
IMHO sets this project apart...

Regs, Pierre.

Footnotes:
[1]  But developer application will be in the mail once I get to
package up one of my projects... ;)

--
Pierre Mai <pmai@acm.org>               http://home.pages.de/~trillian/