Re: New mailling list (debian-discuss) ? (Was: Re: DFSG Macromedia Director File?)

> "Juergen A. Erhard" <jae@jae.ddns.org> writes:
>
> > Yes, long, drawn out... can we move this to debian-discuss?  (HINT to
> > the list managers)
>
> We need a debian-discuss or at least I think we need such kind of
> list.
>
> How do I propose a new list?
>
> debian-discuss
>
>   A mailling list for stuff Debianers cares about but ain't on-topic on
>   debian-devel or debian-user.

Hmm, yes let me subscribve to another volume list for no reason but to read
more flame and garbage.  Sorry, I just don't see it and we all know people will
just cc -devel to get more people to read it (or even -private).

Truth is we just need to all abide by common sense and avoid flame wars,
off-topic (at least non interesting ones) and what not.  Maybe this means loss
of posting privileges.

Simple fact is that mail filters and using intelligent subject lines help.