Re: XML as a standard UNIX config file format

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 14:57 -0000, Robert Woodcock wrote:
> Robin Stephenson wrote:
> >The disadvantage, of course, is that *every* program would have to be
> >ported to use XML as its config file format.
>
> This is a disadvantage? I say let's dig in :)
>
> UNIX *badly* needs a common config file format, and we might as well start
> now.

Could someone give me some pointers to info about using XML for config
files? I would also appreciate it if someone could point to a good XML
tutorial, and what (if any) packages would be useful.

Cheers
	Dave (too lazy and cheap to trawl the web)

--
         Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.0 on Linux i386 2.2.3
<dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> | PGP key available on request