Re: Master

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 10:48:02AM +0530, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Craig Sanders wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 02:17:30AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> >
> > > Incidently this upgrade was 201 packages done in a single run with no
> > > errors using APT 0.3.5, pretty nifty Debian magic :>
> >
> > magic? well, so it is. it's good to be reminded of that from time to
> > time - doing exactly that has worked flawlessly for so many months
> > (upgrading a dozen or so machines 2-4 times per month each) that i take
> > it for granted now.
>
> Mass upgrade this week of Sparc Classic running up-to-date slink to
> potato.  No reboots required.  apt 0.1.9, I believe.  Purrfect.
>
> Thanks, who ever you are.

Ben Collins is his name ;-)

I guess he broke my upload record for sparc :-(

But the mass upload was only possible because of all the glibc2.1
porters and the Debian maintainers at the end of line.

Virtual beers to all the Debian maintainers !!

Greetings,

				Christian
--
Christian Meder, email: meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de