Re: kill scrips?

Quoting Ossama Othman (othman@cs.wustl.edu):
> It was my understanding the "kill scripts" should only be run when
> shutting down or rebooting, which is why the kill scripts are only
> found in the 0, 1 and 6 run-level directories (i.e. halt, single-user
> and reboot, respectively).  It wouldn't make sense to put them in the
> multi-user run-level directories (2-5) since those scripts are run at
> boot time.  I don't see why SuSE would put the kill scripts in the
> multi-user run-level directories.  That doesn't seem "correct," IMHO.
>
> Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
As i understand it, when changing runlevels, init calls all killscripts
in the old level, which don't have a corresponding startscript in the
new one. Of course, this applies to halt/single-user,reboot, too.

Bye,
Martin.

--
Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for the change
to take effect. Reboot now?