Re: Caldera installation - something Debian should learn

> In fact I believe that's their most glaring weakness. Enevitably
> popular software has more and more parsers that read and write it's
> config files.  Note that they are DIFFERENT parsers(not equivalent
> ones). For any dataset there should only be one way to access the
> data(one API for example). This ensures that work is not
> duplicated. THIS is a good thing.

It would be nice to use standard embeddable languages, such as Guile,
Tcl, Perl, Python or what have you.  At least you don't rewrite the
parser for every program, and have a standard way of doing things that
has the added benefit of a powerful, built in language.  With
something like Python, you could even byte compile it, although I
don't think that results in much saved space - I think it speeds

A random comment out of the blue,
--
David N. Welton            <   Sors immanis - et inanis - rota tu volubilis,
davidw@prosa.it            >  status malus - vana salus - semper dissolubilis,