Re: Master

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 02:17:30AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> Due to the recent escalation of SCSI problems we have been having on
> master a 2.2 kernel (2.2.6-ac1 actually) has just been installed, which
> required an upgrade to slink in the process.
> What I would like is if someone can investigate /etc/alternatives and the
> man page dirs and try to figure out why all those broken symlinks are
> there - especially on va - if someone makes a script to fix them that
> would be even more cool..

I neglected to mention that fixing the broken alternative symlinks is easy.
Just run:

update-alternatives --auto emacs

etc.  This did the trick for expect and WindowMaker when I upgraded, so I
expect it would work for all the broken symlinks.

Andrew

--
But the GNU Project did one other crucial thing which no one else did: we
made a complete free operating system our explicit goal.