Re: Caldera installation - something Debian should learn

On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 01:32:32PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 02:33:06PM -0400, Johnie Ingram wrote:
> > Brimhall> 1. gpm - usually need to configure the mouse
> > Brimhall> settings. However, lately I have been finding I
> > Brimhall> automatically always run X so I *wish* that gpm was not
> > Brimhall> installed by default !
> >
> > I wish that gpm would by default create /dev/gpmdata and use -R.  The
> > X stuff could see the fifo and skip mouse config altogether.
>
> No, that doesn't work right.  The only way it does work is if you use the
> new raw setting, in which case X would still have to be configured or
> read gpm's config.

Errrm, it works fine for /ME/..
And it will probably become the default if I adopt the gpm package,
though there is one other person interested in it, so he may get the
package in the end..

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801