Re: Would be nice to package: XMovie 1.0

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Isn't it avaiable in the internet already? If you really want it on a Debian
> server, and it's free software, stuck it in project/experimental so it won't
> confuse our users.

> But I would only suggest this if there is any hope it will be useful in the
> future...

Far be it from me to suggest wasting space on a Debian server :-)

But, if someone provides you with a movie in the right encoding --
just like the program's author did with the demo -- this program is
useful right now. And I still think it would be nice to have at least
one program that plays any movie format at all in main (please correct
me if that's already the case).

Greetings,
Stefan

PS. As I said, being no programmer and having no free time, I'm sorry
that I can't package this myself. I just wanted to suggest, not push
or bitch. If no one else wants to package it, c'est la vie...