Re: /etc/init.d/network is too simple?

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> It is essential to have a /bin/sh; how will you ensure this if no one
> shell is essential?
>
> And the advantage to making bash non-essential is ... ?

I've put together some scripts to put Debian on a live CD, that boots
off a floppy (or the CD), and does not use a hard drive.  Having a
a small sh such as sash makes it easier for me to put bigger kernels,
or an extra tool on the boot disk.  While I'm sure not too many people
are doing this, doing 'the right thing' is why I use Linux over another
OS, and Debian over other distributions.

Mark
Blunier@ocslink.com

Live CD project  http://www.ocslink.com/~blunier/