Re: perl or libc6 bug?: getpwnam('root') in NIS environment

    Heiko> Hi, I'm just trying to write an short prototype for an
    Heiko> external authenticator for squid and discovered the
    Heiko> following:

    Heiko>     #! /usr/bin/perl print (getpwnam('root'))[1], "\n";

    Heiko> returns the root encrypted password from the NIS-Servers
    Heiko> /etc/shadow ...!!

Are you not running this as root? What exactly do you mean by
"the NIS server's /etc/shadow"? I wasn't aware that there was a
way of doing shadow over NIS.

Alternatively, do a 'ypmatch root passwd' and see if you get the
hashed password.

--
Brought to you by the letters P and E and the number 2.
"You forgot Uranus." "Goooooooooodnight everybody!"