Re: kernel module packaging

Previously Stephen Crowley wrote:
> I'm currently trying to convert my lm-sensors package over to the
> /usr/src/modules format, I tried looking at alsa-source and it totally blew
> my mind. I can't even tell what is going on there.

Hehe. I based that on the PCMCIA packages which had me baffled for a
while. I once promised Manoj to document how to package kernel modules
properly.. I'll see if I can cobble something up this weekend..

> It would be really cool if dh_make had an option for packaging modules
> too.

A template might be nice, packaging kernel modules is far from trivial,
and both PCMCIA and ALSA packages take an approach which is not really
optimal, although it works fine.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl