Re: Strange PCMCIA/Ethernet <-> pppd interactions

On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 04:38:03PM -0400, Brian Mays wrote:
> fog@debian.org (Federico Di Gregorio) writes:
>
> > I *don't* eject the card... I don't want to do that. If I eject the
> > card all goes fine.
>
> Oh ... okay now I understand.  You are plugging the card into the
> laptop, bringing up the connection, and then simply disconnecting the
> card from the network, while leaving it in.
>
> The correct way to handle this is to use schemes.  Modify
> /etc/pcmcia/network.opts to configure the Ethernet card only when a
> specific scheme is being used.  That is, choose two schemes, say "eth"
> and "noeth," and modify network.opts as follows:

Hey, that scheme stuff is really cool. Really usefull I mean.
I'll do that (and the script I posted this morning is not usefull
anymore now, bah!)

Ciao,
Federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                    {Friend of Penguins}
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                    fog@debian.org