Re: Strange PCMCIA/Ethernet <-> pppd interactions

Federico Di Gregorio writes:
> What about adding a "route del" command to pon to shut down the default
> route and re-add it in the poff script? It would be nice I think.

Not everyone bringing up a ppp link wants to make it the default route, any
more than everyone configuring an ethernet NIC wants to use it as a default
route.  Pon should not automatically tear down any default route it finds
just because that is probably what most users would want.  This is just the
sort of thing ip-up is for.

The problem here is the assumption on the part of the relevant maintainer
that no one could possibly want an NIC without a default route.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)