Re: Bug #14572, any chance to fix it?

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Darren Benham wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 02:59:51PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Every time I use the bug web pages I have to scroll down and read
> > the report backwards, this is highly counter-productive.
> >
> > I don't want to be impatient[*], but:
> >
> > Is there any chance that this bug is fixed some day?
> >
> > [*] The bug (#14572) was reported in November 1997 :-)
>
> I think Ian is quite clear.  This is *not* a bug.  This is the way the
> software was *designed*.  It is something *you* don't like but your
> personal tastes do not constitute a bug.  So I'd say the chances of it
> being "changed some day" are slim to nil.

No, if you just read the bug report, you missed that there was some sort
of consensus in debian-devel later.

Ian Jackson himself said he would change it if more people are in favour
of changing it than keeping it as it is, as it happened
(please see the archives).

Thanks.

--
 "6716351031ee8404fccc20df1beb0913" (a truly random sig)