    From: bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens)
    To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
    Cc: bcwhite@debian.org
    Subject: Debian-devel is full of noise
    Date: Sun, 6 Jul 97 23:52 PDT

    The debian-devel discussions have been very noisy of late. It's
    becoming difficult to get much that is useful done on the list.

Well said.  So up with the signal and down with the noise, please.

Thank you,  Dirk

If the current stylistic distinctions between  open-source and commercial
software persist,  an open-software  revolution could lead to yet another
divide between haves and have-nots: those with the skills and connections
to make  use of free  software,  and those  who must pay high  prices for
increasingly dated commercial offerings.           -- Scientific American