Re: Intenet to package tuxeyes
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Intenet to package tuxeyes
- From: email@example.com (Rene Hojbjerg Larsen)
- Date: 5 Apr 1999 01:31:58 GMT
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <19990404032623.A19492@whitestar.b5>
> Alright, I'll admit -- it's ... one of those packages
> (like xeyes and xteddy) -- in fact, that's what it's
> a combination of. xpenguin and xeyes to be exact.
> But it's just *COOL* and I had to make it available.
> Lemme know if somebody else is working on it -- I'm
> building now, but will upload in a few days if
> nobody else calls dibs.
You should note that there are a few license issues:
* The program is GPL but uses the QT toolkit. This means that we cannot
legally distribute binaries of it unless the license is changed to
"GPL with permission to link with QT" or something similar. You'll
have to talk with the author about that (he may not be aware of the
problem at all).
* Since the program depends on the non-free QT library, it'll have to go
/'"`\ zzzZ | My PGP Public Key is available at:
( - - ) | <http://home1.inet.tele.dk/renehl/>
Don't ya just hate it when there's not enough room to fin