Re: bruce back online

On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 12:11:26AM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> > I'm paying about $200/month for half of a T1, a bargain, but if my
> > business starts to depend on this I'm going to need two separate DSLs,
> > with two different CLECs (wire carriers) and two separate internet
> > providers.
>
> Well, here is some hope for you.. Up here in Canada, I have machines on

>   - A ADSL link from Cadvision (83$)
>   - A ADSL link from Telus (50$)

US West offers 256K DSL for around $60 a month, IIRC, in Portland,
Oregon.

The problem is the Bay Area of california.  For some reason, DSL
prices are pretty ludicrous.  I mean, I understand why housing is
expensive here, but I don't get why slinging bits around is SO much
more...

Hmph,
--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus