Re: ndbm.h

    Joel> To my knowledge, there is no such thing. If there was, I'm
    Joel> certain UNIX98 would reference it.

There may not be a formal UNIX98 standard, but n?dbm have been around
forever and there is definately a datafile format. {g,n,}dbm are all
different in the number and layout of the files they use.  SleepycatDB
(formally Berkerley db) uses different formats again.  Substituting
one for another at the code/library level does not work if you need to
manipulate pre-exising files.

--
Stephen
---