Re: LIRC CVS tree?

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> Could you explain why this is?
>
> I have no interest either way, I'm merely interested in the policy
> of which projects are approved and which are not.

Oh,

Once unpon a time we did help little groups like this. Then there was a
large flameware about us helping the LDP. So now we need a formal policy
describing which projects can be approved, agreements with sponsors to
'sub-donate' bandwidth and probably a few other things. We have none of
those yet so we cannot aide any new projects. [It also used to be that we
were one of the only people willing to do this, not the case anymore]

If someone -really- wanted to be a SPI project then I'm sure something
could be worked out but it would take a while.

Jason