Re: Perl modules and perl upgrade

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 04:30:13PM -0700, John Lapeyre wrote:
> *Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> >
> > I'll send a mail to all developers concerned
> > when the new perl will be uploaded.
> >
> 	Can we get a mailing list to coordinate this ? I'd like to know what
> the policy will be for the new perl modules. Will we follow the default
> installation that perl 5.005  provides (at least for those mods under
> /usr/lib/perl5 ) ?  It might be nice to have an archive with all of the
> discussion in it.  Picking threads out of devel from the past few months is
> not a savory proposition !
> 	Everyone with a perl module should be on the list.

I second this.
debian-devel is too-mich high volume to be followed as it should.
I need input from perl experts (those who follow the perl development)
as my perl package does not have an upstream and I'm always out of date
about perl (I still use perl4 :-) not true, but near to the truth).

And also having a dedicated list is a good place where to put specifc
questions without being flamed as volume-increaser.

fab