Re: Intent to package: mason

> However, I think a program should never directly change essential system files
> in /etc. Any inexperienced user (like myself sometimes) can completely
> break his system with mason. It would be better if it would just advise
> on what to change, but that's my opinion.

Indeed.  Perhaps it could write out the files its wants to mke in a sub dir
somewhere (maybe /tmp, maybe /root).  Then if all looks well the scripts could
be moved into /etc.  Or maybe this could be toggled as a flag -n (no act) which
does the work, but writes to the temporary dir.  When all looks well, you run
it without this flag and it writes to /etc.