Re: dip and potato don't completely mix

On Fri, Mar 26, 1999 at 05:08:28PM -0800, David Bristel wrote:
> After a couple of weeks running potato(still with glibc 2.1), I have encountered
> a problem that seems to be an almost minor incompatability.  Basically, dip will
> no longer detach from the modem after a line drop occurs.  Since I hadn't gotten
> disconnected since the upgrade, this caught me by surprise, to come home and
> find the modem disconnected, dip running, but not doing anything at all.  For
> all dip knew, I was still connected.  Mildly annoying, but not TOO serious.

I've had problems with the serial port under 2.2.3-ac4.  wvdial now
claims the serial port is busy when it's not or can send stuff out but
can't read stuff from the port.  It worked okay under 2.2.2-ac7 so I am
thinking it's likely the kernel.

<toor> netgod: what do you have in your kernel??? The compiled source for
       driving a space shuttle???

<Spoo> time to make a zip drive your floppy drive then. if the kernel
       doesn fit on that, the kernel is an AI