Re: Intent to package: mason

I currently run a stable version of debian. I have tried mason, and it does
need some tweeks to get it running, however it made some really bad rules. It
stopped traffic I wanted to get through, and should have been allowed through,
since I followed the destructions. However I flushed the rules, and edited the
script it created, it then worked properly. If I'm correct this is still beta
software. It didn't hose my scripts or anything like that, ofcourse I also
edited everything I could before I installed it, so it put things where they
belonged.

Steve Przepiora

PS. I have since devided not to use this piece of software, because while I was
using it I realized I didnt have to firewall everything because I _DON'T_ run
anything except sendmail. I have made it impossible for anyone to connect to
port 25 however(I use fetchmail and only allow myself to connect to port 25).
This is a resonable default on my type of system