new list request -- debian-SHIT

Hi,

Adam Heath writes:
 > If you are interested in Sophisticated Highly Intelligent Talk(SHIT), then
 > please join this list.  It seems that the nature of debian-devel has gone to
 > SHIT, so I suggest a new list, dedicated to just this kind of discussion.

Isn't it possible that creating new lists part of the problem?  We
create new lists to localize certain types of discussions but then we
end up having so many lists that no one wants to subscribe to them
even though it may be recommended that they should.  My guess is that
eventually a new list may become saturated with miscellaneous
discussions all over again and then the whole cycle of creating a new
list may be begin again.

OTOH, I can see why a new list would be desirable.  What is the best
solution?

-Ossama