Re: Let's CENSOR it! (was: Uploaded anarchism 7.5-1 (source all) to master)

On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 11:30:27PM +0000, Dave Swegen wrote:
[...]
> I just don't think it makes sense to put data more-or-less essential to a
> specific package in a seperate section (in which case gimp-data should
> perhaps go in there too...). IMHO it would just cause confusion.

I agree. Put the data _and_ the reader program on that separate "data"
section. As you say, the reader without the data is almost useless, and
the only use of the reader is to read that data (yeah, I could format my
favourite novel as a fortune file, but that only means that novel will
go to the "data" section as well).

> Just to speculate, but if the maps are packaged (which would be a good
> thing), they would probably go into debian-data (even if there were a
> program which relied on it - common sense has to prevail). This would
> probably mean that debian-data would end up on a seperate CD, and we would
> have the absurd situation where a program has it's data on a different CD.
> Not exactly an optimal solution I'm sure you'll agree.

Check above. Problem solved. Easy, wasn't it?

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es