Error Message

     A bug has been filed against my dictd package, because it won't
start on the submitter's machine.  He cites the following error
message:

Starting dictionary server: shell-init: could not get current directory: [0302]:16180

     This was displayed when "/etc/init.d/dictd start" was invoked,
and, of course, the message "Starting dictionary server:" came from
the startup script.

     Can anyone tell me where this error message likely came from and
what the numbers in the message mean?

Bob
--
   _